College Rules & Regulations
- The College follows Day wise order time table that is I to VI Day order.
- Parent Teacher meet is scheduled periodically to keep abreast of the parents of their ward’s regularity and Academic performances.
- Personal counseling committee counsels every 10 students in the class about academic and non-academic activities for improving their skills.
- Personality Development Programmes, Communication Skills and other skill Development Programmes etc. are arranged to equip the employability of students.
- Staff identifies the weak students in all classes and arranges special remedial classes for them.
- Mobile phones are strictly prohibited in the campus.
- Students are advised not to carry any valuables to the college. If found, lost college will not be made liable for any such loss.
- The college works on all days except IInd Saturdays, Sundays and Government holidays
- The Classes are schedule from 8.30 am to 1.30 pm with a break of 25 minutes from 11.15am to 11.40 am.
- All the students are expected to be present in their respective class rooms by 8.25 am.
- Each working day is divided into 5 periods- First period commences by 8.30am and the fifth period concludes at 1.30 pm.
- Attendance will be marked for every period.
- Student will not be considered as present on any day unless he/she attends all the specified hours of the day.
- No student should be absent without submitting prior application and endorsement for leave, counter signed by the parents or guardians before availing leave.
- Application for leave during afternoon session must always be submitted before availing leave in person duly countersigned by the class advisor & Principal.
- Students who avail leave for three days consequently should produce a letter of explanation. If leave is sought on grounds of sickness, medical certificate is a must.
- Absence for five consecutive days without prior sanction of leave will result in the student’s name being struck off the rolls.
- Re-admission is possible only after the parent/guardian appraises the principal in person.
- Application for leave must always be made in advance.
- A minimum of 75% of attendance is a must to attend the University examination
- Student reporting to college after 8.30 am –Late comers (between 8.31- 8.35 am) will be directed to go to library for fist hour and from second hour they will be allowed to attend their classes.
- Students who report to college after 8.35.am will be permitted to attend the classes from second hour and will have to forgo the half a day attendance. The parents of such students are informed by the college about their late coming and they are requested to advice their wards to reach the college before 8.30 am.
Procedure for Awarding Internal Marks
(As Per Madras University)
(As Per Madras University)
For all theory and practical courses the continuous assessment will be conducted for a maximum of 25 marks
|For class test (Two best out of three)||10 Mark|
|For Assignment(Minimum Two)||5 Mark|
|For Seminar(Subject)||5 Mark|
|For Attendance(90% and above)||5 Mark|
Following is the basis for award of
|Attendance Above 91%||5 Mark|
|Attendance 76-90%||4 Mark|
|Attendance 61-75%||3 Mark|
|Attendance Below 60%||0 Mark|
- Boys should wear formals with shirts neatly tucked in.and wear Black Shoe.
- Girls should wear chudidhars with duppatta of a convenient length pinned on both sides.
The students are allowed inside the campus with their ID cards. The identity card should be brought to the college daily. Id cards are specially designed with high tech censored inbuilt chip that monitors the student’s arrivals in the morning and exit in the afternoon. Simultaneously the SMS messages are flashed to the parent’s registered mobile number about the time of entry and the time of exit by their ward.
Registration for end semester examinations
Registration is mandatory for eachsemester examinations as well as arrears examinations failing which the candidates will not be permitted to move to the subsequent semester.
Requirements for completion of a semester
- All students are expected to attend all classes and secure 100% attendance. However for certain unavoidable reasons such as Medical/Participation in sports/personal, the student is expected to secure at least 75% of attendance per semester.
- Candidates who fail to obtain the above attendance percentage are strictly not permitted to write the university examinations, and are not allowed to continue their academic year.
Travel concession (bus/train)
- Students should apply for their respective season ticket MTC Bus Pass /concession ticket in the prescribed format available in the college office, at the commencement of the Academic year..
- Subsequently they need to renew their Buss Pass /Railway concession Ticket periodically..
- Students not adhering to the stipulated rules and regulations of bus/railway authorities of those traveling without tickets or misusing their season ticket or cause annoyance to the bus or Railway authorities will be severely dealt with in receipt of information either in person or by post. The punishment may even be expulsion from the College.
A word to parents
Parents are reminded that they are not absolved of their responsibilities once their son / daughter joins the college. The college expects parents / guardians to cooperate with the college authorities in bringing up their wards with the proper pursuit of academic excellence.
They should take interest in their ward’s progress and monitor both in and outside the campus. We request the parents to ensure their wards attendance to the classes regularly for the betterment of their progress in their curricular, co-curricular and Extracurricular activities.